1. Will 2 regular size (not giant, but not carry on size) fit in the trunk of a Prius? We're thinking about going for full immersion when we go out to Portland/Seattle, but I'm not sure the suitcases will fit. National says 2 "small" suitcases. But I don't think ours are "small." For the slight premium for the car, I really think it would still come out ahead with gas prices where they are... But I'm also not driving around for a week and a half with a suitcase in the back seat.
2. How on earth do you paint a stairwell without scaffolding? This is next on the "to paint" list. I have some wild and crazy ideas about getting tape up to mask the ceiling, but no real good idea for how to paint the edges. We could get most of the wall with a roller on an extension pole. But the edges? I have no idea...
6 comments:
Okay I'm no help on the Prius thing or the painting of the stairwell. Ours needs to be painted REAL BAD. First excuse was we'll wait till Fritz is a bit older to stop running his hands on the wall, now it's Becca. Maybe in another year I'll just hire someone to do it. LOL!
I know how to do it! CALL PROFESSIONAL PAINTERS! LOL! I waited 8 years in my last house and it never got done so that's what we did. We painted all the rest and I think we paid $75 for the guy to come in and do the stairwell. He wore these really tall STILTS and balanced on the steps! I was in a panic the whole time...I kept saying "There goes our homeowners". But he knew what he was doing!!! The Prius I couldn't help with. I have a Sebring and 2 bags fit in there...one BIG and one medium.
Hmmm...that's a very good question about the stairs. What about getting Dusty and Lefty to each take a leg of the ladder and hold it steadily while Greg climbs on the ladder and paints?
We have an alcove at the top of the stairs that lets you look down to the first floor. I think we painted up and far as we could and then painted "down" from upstairs. We also used on of those rectangular paint applicators that you can just slide along the top without having to tape.
When we did our living room we have an area that no matter what we did we couldn't reach..we hired a painter for $50 to do it and he was done in about 20 minutes...it would have been my funeral had I attempted what he did with the ladder..he had it balancing on a step and then leaned it against the top of the stairway wall...YIKES!!! But he was up and down quickly and it worked...so now that color is stuck in our house forever!!haha
Only thing I could think of is what Rachel's hired hand did... put an extension ladder on a step and lean it against the wall that is the ceiling to the lower part of the stairs (if that makes any sense). Not for the 'fraida-heights for sure. That's still pretty tricky to get the trim.
We have an (unused) extension pole if you want to borrow it. And your welcome to try it out in our living room first, just as long as you finish the whole room!
No idea on the painting. Or on the Prius, for that matter. But, would the rental company let you come by with your empty suitcases and try them out?
Post a Comment