Wednesday, April 16, 2008

It's Hip to Be Square

I still use a film camera, not because I'm particularly in love with film. Rather, I'm in love with the camera. I love the photos I get off of it, and perhaps my favorite feature is the lack of shutter lag. Shutter lag drives me crazy with our small digital camera. The camera I have now is a Canon Rebel. If my budget ever allows for it, I'd love a digital Rebel... but there are other things higher on the list right now.

When we were in Boston on Saturday, we stopped for a moment for Greg to run into a 7-11 and get a drink. We were right by the old South Meeting House, so I decided to pull the camera out of my bag and play for a little while until Greg got back. As I was pulling it out, I thought to myself, "You know, if you drop this, you might be able to justify a new camera..." But I didn't drop it. As I tried to start shooting, though, the camera went totally dead.

At first, I thought it heard me.

But apparently the batteries just died. Luckily, it happened the day *before* the wedding, and just as luckily, we were across the street from a Radio Shack. (I had already taken a few shots on Saturday afternoon and didn't notice any flashing battery lights. Hm.)

Oh, and bear with me. If I post photos like 3 weeks after something happens, it's probably because they're film, and that's about how long it takes me to get film developed through Shutterfly.

1 comment:

Beth said...

ooohhh...hearing about possibly dropping a camera gives me the heebie jeebies! I look forward to your photos whenever you get them.

Did you and Greg get slurpees at 7-11? :)