Friday, June 4, 2010

EI Report 6/2/10

The girls are still seeing an early interventionist (EI) once a week. She comes to daycare and works with them there, for half an hour each. I try to make it to the sessions sometimes, but every week she writes up a brief report of what they did. I absolutely love to read her reports, because the little things she says somehow perfectly catch who the girls are right now. I've kept some of the reports, recycle a bunch, but I think I'm going to start trying to type them up to keep.

Rebecca
Bowling - she said "up" when we put the pins up after we knocked them down. She would clap and laugh when knocked down! Safari animals - she is a whiz at the puzzle - she would not touch and even turned away from the figures. Stacking toy - she is fast and says "up" and "da" for down.

Emma
Bowling - we talked about the "ball." EI showed her to roll the ball - she figured out it was just easier to knock the pins down with her feet. :) First Words Book - she points to all pictures and "talks" about them. Safari animals - puzzles and figures - EI got her to "roar" for the tiger.

Julie
Bowling - she did not like EI to knock them down. She would say uh-oh and run to put the pins up. She then would not let EI have the ball. :) Safari animals - EI encouraged "roar" (animal sounds) then EI would have the zebra kiss her cheek and she squealed. The she took the giraffe and kissed EI's face with it.

1 comment:

justem said...

Mirielle is offically out of EI now. :) It's a good feeling. I always dread that report though...with the percentages. I don't like seeing she's behind, even though I know it's not the number that counts!

I love the roar like a tiger thing...trying to teach Miri! :)