Saturday was Becca's first swimming lesson. I signed her up for a Mommy and Me class at the gym. I am hoping to do the class with all 3 of them, but since you need 1 adult per child, we've got to do it one at a time. (Of course, at $50 I may just see what we do in the lessons and then take the other girls to free swim.) We were trying to decide who to start with, and Greg suggested Becca because she's our most fearless and most likely to be open to new things. For me, it was really nice to be in the water. I'd consider a water aerobics class if the class times were better. Becca seemed to warm up to it slowly. She's such a laid back kid that she was mostly just taking it all in and people watching. The teacher wanted her to try kicking and pulling with her arms, but Becca wasn't really interested. She did finally smile when she got to sit on the wall and "fall" in. She went under, too, in a controlled dunk. Brave girl.
The girls took a good nap on Saturday afternoon, and then we went out for pizza. We had intentionally not gone for pizza on Friday out of fear that the music man that scared the girls so much would be there, since it was a Friday the last time we were there. Of course you can see where this is going - he was there again on Saturday. He was already set up, though, and we were able to sit on the other side of the restaurant. The girls didn't mind at all and were actually dancing to the music. The woman who brought us our pizza recognized us from the last time we were there, and remembered that the girls were afraid of the music man, so she was equally amused by their dancing. It never hurts to have friends at the pizza place, right?
I'm not sure if it was the music or the fact that I had the bright idea to call in our pizza order once we all were in the car, but it was one of the most relaxing dinners we've ever had. Sometimes we'll give the girls pizza crusts to hold on to and chew on when they are eating too fast for us to keep up with cutting and cooling pizza, or when we're trying to get a bite ourselves. We were all about done but Emma hadn't eaten much of her pizza, so I suggested giving her another piece of crust. She must have gnawed on that crust for twenty minutes. I thought the other two were going to lose it, but they were fine just hanging out. That NEVER happens. Our normal strategy is get in, keep girls entertained, inhale food, and get back out before we get kicked out. I don't think that strategy is going to change any time soon, but it was nice this one time. And yes, after the crust, Emma did proceed to eat the pizza that she wouldn't eat earlier.
1 comment:
I wish that I had taken Miri to some swimming lessons this summer!!
Post a Comment