Sunday, October 17, 2010

Books Update

I finished The 19th Wife two months or so ago, and really liked it. And yes, I watched the Lifetime movie, too.

I just recently finished Let the Great World Spin, and I think it was one of the best books I've read in a long time. I have a hard time describing what I like about books... it was really interesting, great stories, great interconnections.

I'm working on The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo right now.

I've picked up only a few more.
  • The Ten Year Nap by Meg Wolitzer
  • The Billionaire's Vinegar by Benjamin Wallace
  • Animal, Vegetable, Mineral by Barbara Kingsolver
  • Gone Baby Gone by Dennis Lehane

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I just finished "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" series and LOVED it! Hope you enjoy it too.

Beth said...

What did you think of the Lifetime Movie? I just really enjoyed the book and I'm afraid they'll leave too much out of the movie.

Let me know what you think of the Ten Year Nap - we read that for book club. I liked Animal, Vegetable, Mineral - it was such an interesting (and might I say totally more difficult than you would think) experiment.

Lisa Smith said...

I need to keep that one in mind. Jeff and I just bought Kindles for our birthdays/anniversary gifts. Might be a book to pick up on it later.