The all also know the word "hat" and point to their head when they hear the word. We've got a couple of hats that they play with, and they're so cute. They usually put the hats on backwards and peek out of the hole in the back.
A favorite activity is spotting the neighbor in the backyard with his dogs (Em's still saying "dow-g"). They get all excited and plant themselves at the window to get a good angle.
Julie's little Aflac duck is now called "wack wack." My mom brought a back up with her when she came to visit a few weeks ago... probably a good thing, since Becca and Julie's stuffed animals were victims of the puke streak that haven't quite recovered. (Any suggestions?)
Julie's little Aflac duck is now called "wack wack." My mom brought a back up with her when she came to visit a few weeks ago... probably a good thing, since Becca and Julie's stuffed animals were victims of the puke streak that haven't quite recovered. (Any suggestions?)
Our favorite game right now is taking care of babies. They carry the dolls around, throw them on the floor (always face down), and then cover them with dish towel blankets. And then the sit there and beat on the dolls' backs. And then they adjust the blanket and beat some more. And then move the baby and repeat. And repeat. They're in heaven when they have two dolls, one on either side of them, and they can beat both of the dolls' backs at the same time. (We say, "I laugh at your 2 babies. Try 3!"
Julie is starting to put together words. She says "more cheese" and "more juice." Oh, and "bye bye poop" after we change her. Nice. I really need to start watch what I'm teaching them.
Becca loves to point to a specific spot on the couch where she wants me to sit. It's so sweet. She'll lead me over and point and get me to sit down and then pick her up. Or, if she's already on the couch, she points to the spot next to her. Sometimes I'm not close enough and she'll point at a spot between us until I move closer.
The girls are obsessed with books right now, particularly Emma. She'll get a book, take it to me to read, then to Greg, then back to me. She just goes back and forth and will sit and listen. But they all love to grab a book and plop down in our laps. Their favorites right now are "The House that Jack Built" (I have this one memorized) and "Goodnight Moon" (almost got this one memorized).
2 comments:
I love reading about your girls! Life must be incredibly hectic at your house; but it sounds like you appreciate that these are the good days!
Oh, thinking about them smacki...I mean patting their babies' backs makes me smile!
Post a Comment