Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Coordinates Collections October Blog Hop



This month's challenge was to create a layout with hidden journaling. This was a challenge for me, because I feel like I'm going to be the only one who knows that the journaling is there. Luckily, I happened upon this old CC kit from 2008 that I hadn't broken into yet. And lo and behold, there was a sheet of Jenni Bowlin stickers with the "read this" sticker right there. I also trimmed down the envelope underneath the flap so that you can see that there's a journaling card in there.

In addition to the kit, I added the Maya Road envelope, Pink Paislee circle and alpha stickers, Little Yellow Bicycle border stickers, and a Girls' Paperie border sticker. Lots of border punches. And I love how the ribbon turned out. There's some pink stitching along the houndstooth border, and also through the title. Of course, this required removing the envelope after I had already stuck it down when I decided I wanted to stitch through the title. LOVING my sewing machine again.

I used the pink accents - border strips in the layers over to the right, and along the bottom left edge of the photo (they're a little hard to see in the photo) and my pink title to create my visual triangle. I tried out Lisa's ink technique with some Broken China ink.

The picture is of Julie at 2 days old in the NICU. That's my hand in the pic. :)




13 comments:

Elise said...

Oh Sarah, this is just unbelievably gorgeous! I am in awe!

adele holcomb said...

Sarah, this is gorgeous! I love your assorted borders and the way the envelope closure is off-center.

carabecca said...

Very cute! Love the envelope.

Sherri said...

that envelope is perfect for hidden journaling. LOVE this layout. so precious. I can not even begin to imagine the emotions involved.

Lisa Cole said...

I absolutely adore this envelope - I love the pretty lacy curve to it, so girly for J - gorgeous Sarah!

Linda said...

you did a fabulous job. I love the envy!!

Debbie said...

Beautiful layout - I love how you added color to the scallops on the envelope.

Jolaine Frias said...

OMG! This is just so adorable! Love how you incorporated the little envelope with the labels. This is such a sweet LO and the photo is just too precious!

Susie Chadwick said...

I love the envelope and the stitching over the title. Beautiful!

Jesi said...

Ohhh what a tiny baby!!! The stripes are beautiful and so is the envelope. Love your LO.

Dorothy said...

i was totally moved by your LO!

Marielle said...

Oh wow ! this is adorable,love the envelope and sweet photo !

scrappysue said...

Awesome LO Sarah, love the envelope and all the layers down the side. Precious photo too!