Friday, February 18, 2011

Personality and Developmental Notes 2/18/11

The girls definitely know the word "candy" now ("kha knee").

Emma still insists that diaper cream is "eye (ice) cream.". Lately she's come around to "diaper ice cream," which is somehow worse in my mind.

One of the new words they seem to have picked up in their new class room is "go". Now, they knew the word before, but has taken on new meaning. Julie in particular will get right up in someone's face and yell "GO" in her nastiest voice. It's usually come up with the shopping carts, when someone is in the way. We're working on "cue me, Becca" because I really don't like the nastiness. And Julie's certainly not the only one who does it, but she does have the shortest fuse.

Becca loves to close the dishwasher for us. Earlier in the week, I caught her closing it with her foot. I certainly don't know where she got that from.

Uncle Steven got the girls a set of wooden "cutting" vegetables for their birthday, which they just love. Now they walk around saying " cuddit" (cut it).

The girls really like to wipe their own faces and hands after we eat. They also like to have their own wash cloths in the bathtub. Emma will wet her own hair (but still hates when we rinse it), while Julie tends to focus on wiping her heiny. So we're at dinner on Saturday, and the girls are wiping their faces and hands with their napkins, and I catch Julie wiping off her bottom, too. So hard not to laugh.

All of the girls are really working on putting together a couple of words at a time. Some of Julie's right now are "Here, mommy," and "Here you go, Becca.". Of course, "here" is one of her favorite words right now, and she uses it whenever she wants to give you something.

Emma is most adventurous when it comes to new things and experiences, like the bouncing. But she is not adventurous with food ... Becca and Julie are much more willing to try new things.

They love bracelets and necklaces. They have been fingering my necklaces since they were tiny babies, and I swear one of Julie's first words was "nek as.". But they're so happy when they get to wear their own bracelets and necklaces. They get this cute, smug little looms on their faces. They've also started saying "pretty neck-as" and "mommy pretty.". Awwwww.

The girls used to be terrified of the vacuum, but apparently, when it's off, it's now hilarious to push the vacuum around. Becca started the giggle fest. They say "back oh." That's Becca in the video, with Emma giggling with her at the beginning.


In addition to "don yike it," they also say "don wan it."

Becca's favorite phrase now (other than "I silly" and "I funny") is "I foun (found) it" (she finds my shoes and coat for me every morning. She also likes "I dih (did) it" typically followed by a giggle.

Becca also likes to throw away trash for us. She doesn't get to do it much any more now that we've got a lock on it, but when she does she'll say "I dih it" and I find myself running over to see what she threw away. All 3 of them like to say "trash" and give us their trash. "Mommy trash" doesn't have quite the same ring as "mommy pretty."

The girls have started recognizing places, like when they say "pizza" as we get closer to the pizza place. I took Becca to the grocery store on Sunday, and she started squealing before we got to the door, in anticipation of the shopping cart with the steering wheels. And then, when we were on our street on the way home, she started saying "housh" (house). They all like to clap whenever we get somewhere and/or yell "yay!" like they're glad we made it there safely.

1 comment:

justem said...

Miri's favorite thing to do is close the dishwasher. It's nice when she helps me unload it, but it gets very annoying that she wants to close it after ever item! ;)

Justin has been working on "Mommy Pretty" with Miri forever. She won't say it. Maybe she's just more honest than he is. ;)