Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Boo in the Zoo

For those of you that were concerned that we'd fallen off the face of the earth, we appreciate your concern.  Really, we've been trying to spend as much time enjoying the great fall weather as possible.  We've been getting lots of family time in this fall, and got to spend the last week with Greg's parents.  Add that on top of a lot of bad bedtimes, and you've got a whole lot of nothing, blog wise.

On Thursday night, I let the girls try on their cupcake costumes.  Oh, they loved them!  They were more than just a little upset when we wouldn't let them sleep in them.  And I was more than a little relieved that the 2T-3T hats actually fit their heads.

So they were all sorts of excited to wear their costumes to the zoo on Friday night.  When we got there, there was a huge line.  I think we waited about 30 minutes to get in.  The girls were well behaved, mostly because I think they were a tad overwhelmed with all of the costumes.  

E getting out of the van and getting her cupcake on
Becca's a little skeptical
clinging to Grandma while waiting in line (R, E, J)

They understood the whole "candy" concept, but we got about halfway through before they got the whole opening-the-bag-to-get-the-candy thing.  
Becca's loot
Look at my little cupcakes!  <3

The closest we get to a family picture.  Sigh.
Of course we had to pay the bear a visit.  I was forced to use the flash.  I wish I had more confidence with it.

All of us.

3 comments:

adele holcomb said...

Those are the cutest little cupcakes ever! I bet they're going to have a lot of fun this Halloween now that they're old enough to understand the "get candy" thing!

justem said...

so stinkin' cute!!!

carabecca said...

Sarah, those girls as cupcakes are pretty much the cutest things I've ever seen.