Monday, October 3, 2011

A day with my ladies

Our nanny had asked for a vacation day last Friday, so I figured it would be a good day to spend some time with my ladies.  I had planned on taking them to the zoo, and we actually ended up meeting up with some other moms of multiples.

The girls, surprisingly to me, were afraid of more of the animals this time that they were the last time.  The didn't want to get up on the little ledges throughout the zoo, except where the animals were really far away.  The liked the elephants, the huge tortoises, the giraffes (until they got too close), and the flamingoes.  They were afraid of the lemurs, the lions, all of the different kinds of monkeys, and the pig.

But they loved the playground.

And the lion water fountain.


And about half way through the zoo, they started asking for the bear.

After we made it through the zoo, we had a "pick-uh-nick" just outside of the zoo.  The girls love a good "pick-uh-nick."  And the bonus was that they all fell asleep in the car on the way home, and took a good solid 2 hour nap.

After they got up, we went to Costco.  If you haven't been there lately, the beginnings of the Christmas "stuff" is up.  The girls have been obsessed with the snowman and Christmas trees since they saw them with Greg last time.  We had to go see the snowman no fewer than 3 times.

In all, it was a great day with my girls.  I feel guilty for not always enjoying my time with them ... when they are getting on my nerves, when they're not listening.  There were times I got frustrated today (I swear, if I have to tell them to put their shoes on one more time...) but it was manageable.  I don't know if that means that I'm growing up, or that they are.  But it was wonderful.

1 comment:

adele holcomb said...

Sounds like you had a good "girls day out"!

When our boys were little, we discovered that one parent/one child was a magic formula for a really great time. He didn't have to compete with his brother or the other parent for attention. When your girls get a little older, you might find you or Greg enjoy spending a special hour with them one on one.

Cute shot riding the bear!