I took the girls to run some errands last weekend, and we ended up at Target (of course). I've been meaning to get them bike helmets ever since Emma started zooming across the yard. I finally had the three of them with me, and they actually had three of the same size. It's a good thing that I had them with me, too. Because those "ages 3+" helmets? Yeah, those wouldn't go on. We ended up with 3 that are "ages 5+." They're a little bit big, but I figure it's better than getting them too small and having them not wear them.
As soon as they started putting them on, they said, "we have space helmets!" I think they saw that episode of Mickey Mouse Club House too many times.
The helmets are packaged on some cardboard, so they can hang on a rack, and they also have a bell attached to the cardboard. The cardboard is essentially an extra long visor. So long, in fact, that Julie and Becca couldn't sit like that in the cart without constantly bumping into each other.
Not thrilled that they're "princess," but that was the only thing they had 3 of. And they seem excited to wear them. So excited that they wore them in the car. And to Panera afterwards for lunch. Where Becca was running, tripped and fell, and I said, "Good thing you had your helmet on."
We also believe in safety first on the swings.
Or in the sandbox.



No comments:
Post a Comment