Thursday, April 26, 2012

And finally, the wedding.

So, after cleaning up Julie's head wound, it was about time to get ready for the wedding.  The girls were just dying to wear those dresses.  All day long.  "Mommy, do I get to wear my dress?  Can I put it on now?"  When they finally got them on and got their hair done, they were in heaven.  Spinning, twirling, admiring themselves in the mirror.

Emma

Rebecca was ready to go, and wanted to steal the show.

Julie

I look at this picture, and think that it's going to be one we look back on in 20 30 years when Emma gets married.

Rebecca

Finally, it was time for the show.  We were all pretty nervous about how it was going to go down.  We'd been talking about it for a while, and they seemed perfectly fine at the rehearsal.  Which ... now that I type that... reminds me that I don't think I ever posted pictures from the rehearsal...  But when it came time to do their thing, they were rock stars.  I was at the front waving at them (and taking pictures) in case they freaked out, but now I'm thinking we could rent them out as flower girls.  When Julie got to the front, she ran up to me and shouted, "Mommy, I did it!" and gave me a high five.

Luckily, it was a short ceremony, because they got a little restless, and were wandering around a bit.  Julie went into the row behind us for a bit.

I didn't take a whole lot of pictures at the reception, but we've got some pretty good videos.   I was really worried at how they'd handle the reception, because at the rehearsal, they wouldn't stay in their seats, and kept leaving the room and saying it was too loud and there were too many people talkin'.  So they filled up on all sorts of things (including calamari) at the cocktail hour, and I was pretty sure it was going downhill fast when the reception started.  They wanted to be held, wanted grandma and papa, and Emma kept saying she didn't want to stay.

But then, Aunt Victoria and Uncle Danny introduced them to the dance floor.  And oh my goodness.  They were party ANIMALS.  They danced and danced and danced.




They had an absolute blast, and I did too.  Julie did not want to leave the dance floor.  When she started getting tired, I'd ask if she wanted to go sit down or get a drink.  We'd start walking back towards the table, and then she'd drag me back to the dance floor.  She'd just stand there at the end.  As many times as I tried to drag her away, she'd drag me back.  She just wanted to be in the action.

I was so proud of them, and had such a great time with my family.

No comments: