Sunday, August 26, 2012

Catching up

It's been a long, crazy week.  Thursday through Saturday was our Moms of Multiples Consignment Sale, which meant that a good chunk of the week was spent preparing for the sale.  I gave up after only tagging clothes because there were just so many.  I grabbed two toys in the garage left over from the last sale, but other than that, it was all clothes.  A good chunk of them sold, which was nice.  I found a couple of things for the girls, mostly shoes.  I was also on the sale committee, and we had a meeting early in the week, and then pretty much spent Thursday night through Saturday afternoon at the sale.  It makes for a very long week; luckily, it's only twice a year.

I also finally finished The Billionaire's Vinegar last week.  I went for my Kindle and the battery was dead again.  This was the whole reason I started the Billionaire's Vinegar.  Hmmm...  So I picked up South of Broad by Pat Conroy and became obsessed.  I finally finished it this morning.  A good, gripping story with characters that I could follow.  I wouldn't recommend The Billionaire's Vinegar unless you really like wine.  Really, really like wine.  There was a good mystery under there, so that I wanted to find out what happened, but it really wasn't worth all of the other stuff.  Unless you really, really, really like wine.

We have been staying busy for the past few weeks, but without a whole lot to report on.  We spent last weekend making sure Emma was recovered, so we tried to take it easy and stick around the house.  Well, mostly.

We did go out to an annual giant used book sale that the literacy association puts on.  That would be Becca sitting on the floor of an old mall, reading Cinderella Penguin and the Glass Flipper.  Yes, that one did make it into the take home batch.  I picked up a couple of books, too, even though I've tried to switch over to the Kindle exclusively, you can't beat $3.  We weren't there when they opened, because I couldn't face that crowd with triplets (though it was still insanely full when we got there after a stop at IHOP), but I think if I were to do it again, I'd take a list of books I was looking for.

Emma reading out loud to herself when we got home.  Of course it's a bear book.  She loves bears.  It's also a Christmas book.  I got a few pictures from her using my phone.  When I went to get the big camera, she said "No!"

As if she had to explain why they were wearing winter hats and rain boots in August.

On Sunday, we needed to get out of the house, and tried O'Charley's for lunch.  Yes, that's a tulle skirt. Or, a "princess" skirt.  Or, depending on the day, a "ballerina" skirt.  And Becca has on her cat boots.  Emma fell asleep in the 10 minute car ride there, since we haven't been seeing eye to eye on the need for naps lately.  She made me carry her in.

The most exciting thing about lunch was that it started raining while we were in there, and their umbrellas were in the car.  Greg got sent out for them, and then the little ducklings followed him back to the car.

Hoping to get back to posting more regularly this week!

1 comment:

Beth said...

I'm sorry for being a terrible blog poster. I do so many things on my phone that I forget to check Google reader. I'll try harder!

The ducklings with their umbrellas...oh, goodness. Love!