Monday, August 27, 2012

Do Over

If ever there was a day (well, in recent memory) that required a do over, I think it was today.

It started with waking up late.

I took the girls into daycare, and pretty much wanted to cry by the time I left.  Emma and Julie did not want to go.  I was trying to push them in the room with one hand and close the door with the other.  I left to the sound of both of them wailing.

I checked my phone in the parking lot and had a message from my boss.  Someone (pretty high up) was looking for a file that I forgot to send out last week.  She had left me a message on Friday afternoon (I left early for the consignment sale) and started sending desperate messages and calling my boss at 7:45 on Monday morning.

When I got in to work, I ran in to my boss.  Not sure if he was looking for me, or if it was an accident.  Either way, I told him I'd send the file right away.

Walked into my cubicle.

And remembered that my computer was still at home.

Awesome.

So, I race frantically back home and try to log on from home to send the file.  But, due to a firewall upgrade last week, my messages wouldn't send.

And then I raced back to work to finally send it.

I had a meeting this afternoon.  For two hours.  Where the person I was meeting with didn't know what she needed.  Perhaps the most unproductive meeting in recent memory.

I sent a text message to a coworker instead of Greg with my Target list.  Luckily there wasn't anything too embarrassing on it.

And, my house still smells like burned brusslels sprouts from dinner last night.

1 comment:

Steve Gensheimer said...

Aw, chin up buttercup.

Luckily im just putting the finishing touches on my time machine, just waiting for a call back from the Lybians on my plutonium. 1.21 gigawatts.