This all started last Friday afternoon. I wanted to stop for coffee on the way home from picking them up from daycare. I told them they could get donuts for a snack. So we get to Dunkin Donuts, and they literally had like 4 donuts left. None of them had sprinkles, and therefore just wouldn't do. But when I told them they didn't have donuts? Oh, they wailed. Emma was the worst, practically moaning "donuts .... donuts... donuts..." We stopped at McDonalds instead to get a frozen strawberry lemonade, which made it only slightly easier to swallow the tears.
I told them we could go get donuts for breakfast sometime over the weekend, so on Sunday morning, we went to Krispy Kreme. We got a dozen donuts and sat down.
I opened the box.
Do you see the problem here?
Mama ordered the chocolate iced donuts without the sprinkles.
Oh. My. Goodness. I thought they were going to revolt.
Greg went back and ordered three more donuts WITH sprinkles. And peace was restored.
So, um, then, they finished their donuts with sprinkles. And wanted another donut.
And suddenly those chocolate iced donuts without the sprinkles? Why, they were perfectly adequate.
Crazy ladies.




No comments:
Post a Comment