At some point, months ago, I started talking to the girls about Halloween costumes. To give them some ideas, I mentioned a witch, a flower, or a rainbow. And that it exactly what they latched onto. My rainbow idea came from the rainbow costume on here, which is one of the cutest things I've seen. But it looked like it would require sewing, and interfacing, and still wouldn't come out quite like I hoped. So, based on some suggestions from Greg and a friend at work, I made this one out of foam core board, tissue paper, and glue. Lots of glue. It made its debut at Boo in the Zoo.
Julie is just a ham.
Julie continues to ham it up, and about takes Becca down in the process.
Emma said that she wanted to be a witch. Then, I bought three owl costumes. And she still wanted to be a witch (I still had no witch costume). And then she started saying, "I want to be an owl. But a witch is better." So, the three owl costumes continue to hang upstairs, with tags still on. I'm hoping I can at least get one wear out of them next year. It took me a while to not find an, um, "cheap" witch costume, but I think this one was ok. Emma has since declared that this costume was "itchy," so she doesn't want to wear it next year. Becca has decided she wants to be a witch next year, but she doesn't want to wear Emma's costume. She wants her own witch costume.
Love them. So, so much.
Despite all of mom's photos, we did eventually make it into the zoo.
And look, my eyes are open in a flash photo!
So much loot she had to throw it over her shoulder to carry it.










1 comment:
Too funny about the costumes; they all look totally adorable as ever!
Post a Comment