Saturday, November 24, 2012

"Sick"

Julie had to stay home "sick" on Greg's birthday, since she puked at school the day before.  She was fine, no fever, eating just fine.  But the rule is 24 hrs puke free...

I desperately needed to get some laptops checked out, so we went to the Apple store to beg for an earlier appointment.  We still had some time to kill, so we went to Barnes and Noble.  It's not the newer Barnes and Noble that we normally go to, so she calls this one "the library."  She was also *shocked* that there was another "mac and cheese house" (Panera) that she had never been to.

We might have a little obsession with rainbows in this family.

We did make it back to the Apple store, where I set Julie up at the kid's table with an episode of Mickey Mouse Club House via the Watch Disney Junior ap on the iPad.  She LOVED it.  And, in less time than it took for her to watch an episode, I had two laptops fixed.  One was clearly user error...  I couldn't get my new laptop to wake up from being asleep.  Well, apparently the "sleep" routine uses magnets.  And, apparently, I had the new laptop sitting on top of the old one.  Yeah, so when the Genius guy tried it, I felt like an idiot.  The old laptop, though, was truly sick.  That was the one beeping "SOS" at me a few weeks before.  Needed new RAM, which Greg took care of for me.


I mentioned the calendar in the last post?  Well, for like a week, Julie would run to the calendar and, pointing to Monday the 22nd, she'd say "This is the day that I throwed up on."

No comments: