I had to pick something up at Lowe's last month, and I saw a flier for their Build and Grow workshop. I'd heard good things about it from my cousin Aimee, so we decided to try it while we had extra hands.
They are set up with some big blocks of plywood on the floor as tables in the lumber department. They had a couple of different heights for different ages of kids. They gave us kits and we worked at our own pace.
They've done some hammering nails at school, so they pretty much knew what to do. We had to line up some parts for them, and set the nails in some pre-drilled holds. Some of them were still kind of hard to get in, but the girls did lots of hammering. We came out with all 70 fingers in tact.
We got to decorate our "Ghoul Busses" with stickers. Stickers!
They're so proud of them.
And then, of course, we had to test them out.
I'll have to say it was pretty cool. And it's a good balance for all the princess stuff, right? I think we'll try it again sometime, hopefully soon.








2 comments:
A great time. I did kept thinking of the expression "give a kid a hammer, and the whole world is a nail".
How fun!
Ghoul buses... hahahahha!
Post a Comment