Monday, September 17, 2007

Busy

This past week has been busy. Last week was a rough week at work - just getting caught in the middle of too many things, and feeling like a scapegoat. But on a positive note, one of my projects that was going to take up about 6 weeks of the fall got cancelled (postponed?), so now I should have time to actually complete the rest of the things I need to get done this year.

Between work and school and the mess that is our house, I've just been feeling a bit overwhelmed and frazzled lately. Just that feeling like things are spinning out of control. And I am a total control freak - so losing control is hard for me.

I was in NJ last weekend for my cousin's baby shower on Saturday. Here's a photo of my cousin and her son. :)

I went out to dinner on Saturday with my parents, Dan, and Victoria, and got this first shot. I think I like the second one better -- Dan was helping(?) Victoria with her homework on Sunday morning.


Also, one of the highlights of going home is that my dad makes his secret recipe waffles on Sunday morning. Yes, we have to have two waffle makers going at once or it gets awfully competetive.

It was so nice to finally feel some fall weather while I was home! It was in the low 50s at night, and mid-60s during the day. So nice!

My parents got their new kittens (Roscoe and Flash? Spanky and Alfalfa?) on Sunday, but my dad was getting home with them just as I was leaving, so I didn't get any pictures. I'm hoping my parents will send me some to post (hint, hint). They're so cute -- and at 6 months, probably already larger than the cowgirls. (I'm thinking we'll just call them the Cowboys for now.)

4 comments:

Beth said...

You were in NJ and didn't stop by??? What's up with that? :)

Glad you had some good family time - always nice. I'm a bit of a control freak too, but sometimes you've just got to let go or it seems the universe forces you to!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you have been frazzled Sarah, take some time to de-stress (if you can!). Sue

Heather said...

Sounds like a fun (and necessary) trip! I hope things get a little calmer for you.

Anonymous said...

A family after my own heart. Two waffle makers is a FANTASTIC ideal. Now if you would just post that secret waffle recipe I would be completely set....smile....
I hope that you now have an opportunity to relax and reflect. Many blessings

Yvonne