

I think the first tastes of fall made me hungry for comfort food. On Friday, I made some chicken noodle soup. I froze most of it, but that empty dish was lunch on Saturday. On Saturday, I made spaghetti sauce and meatballs - a big batch! To take a break from instant oatmeal for breakfast during the week, I made some pumpking chocolate chip bread on Sunday. (There were about 3 other recipes I was hoping to get to this weekend.)
We took off late on Saturday afternoon to go get some more apples, and really liked the new place that we found. We used to go to a place that is just gorgeous, but it's awful to get to - up a big, huge, curvy dirt and gravel hill, with huge ruts and not enough room for 2 cars. But since there are no apples to pick ourselves, it's not work the white knuckles. The new place is right at the base of the hill. We call this new adventure "apple choosing." :) But the guy was really nice - he kept cutting up things for us to try. We got a bag of Rome (for baking), some Gold Rush, and another hybrid that had the word Gold in it, but I can't remember what it was called.



We tried a new restaurant for dinner called the Purple Onion in a little mountain town called Saluda, NC before heading back for the Harry Anderson show (see last post). We were a little shorter on time than we had planned... made it to our seats with 2 minutes to spare!
The weather was perfect again on Sunday, and we spent most of the day back and forth to Lowe's. We returned one dead shrub, and bought some more (not dead). Since the rhododendron didn't do so well out front in the summer, we're trying something called Indian Hawthorne. Hoping to get those planted. I was looking for some mums, too, but either I'm too late already, or they had been cleaned out and picked over by Sunday afternoon. I'll try again this weekend, because I love having mums out in the fall!
Lots of work for school this week - 1 paper was due tonight, have a midterm next Monday, and a big paper due next Tuesday.
My tooth is still hurting. I have a general sense that something's not right when nothing it touching it. But if I push down on it with my tongue, it hurts. And I still can't eat on it. I've got an appointment scheduled to put the permanent crown on on Thursday, and I'm torn between putting the permanent on and hoping it goes away, or waiting until it gets better. I'm just so frustrated - I've been dealing with the pain for the last 2 months now, and I just want it gone. I called the endodontist today, and they said to take Advil and see if it feels better. Well, yes, when I take Advil it feels better. But that doesn't mean that it *is* better... I can't tell if I'm overreacting (the answer to this is usually "YES"), or if I need to go back. I don't feel like it's infected - I just feel like things should at least start feeling better, and they're not.
3 comments:
Sarah, I don't think you are over-reacting. I had a root canal a while back and the pain was gone after a day or two. Love your apple choosing photos, oh to live somewhere normal! Sue
It really seems like it should not still be hurting at this point. That's a long time to have enough pain to still need medicine. Besides, as far as I'm concerned, there's no such thing as over-reacting when pain and money is involved!
Love the kitty tv!
I'm with Sue and Heather - constant pain is not normal. I don't deal well with occasional pain so I can only imagine how you must be feeling after 2 months.
Love the storm you cooked up. I'd like to do the same sometime soon. Love making big batches for another time. Wanna share that pumpkin chocolate chip bread recipe? :)
Post a Comment