Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Exhibit A: Tissues on Nightstand


So, I'm sick. And lazy. I will take care of this before Greg gets home from his business trip.

I stayed home from work on Tuesday and tried to take it easy. I tried some DayQuil. I felt nasty in the morning, better in the afternoon, but then rough again in the evening (skipped class). I resolved to go back to work today. Lots of people are out this week, traveling, and I really have no meetings or anything planned all week. Just me and the computer. I don't have a fever, just congested, ears hurt, head throbs, coughing. Went through the same sort of thing today, where there are times that it's bearable and times that I just want to curl up and take a nap. I'm hoping the worst is over now, though. I'm not going through tissues quite so fast anymore, but it feels like it's moved down into my chest a little bit more. (Good thing I just got more asthma medicine.)

Alright, done whining for now.

It has gotten cold finally. Sort of. We had some patchy frost early last week, and they made a big deal about how last night was supposed to have been the coldest one we've had yet. I didn't see frost this morning, but some of the plants (mostly the hydrangea) showed signs of freezing temps. And by "showed signs" I mean that leaves that were green yesterday are now black. Not whole plants, yet, though. We're getting there. In the mean time, I'm trying to do a "tree study" of the tree (maple? Greg?) in our front yard. So far I only have 2...















We finally turned the heat on some time recently. Dusty and Lefty rediscovered the heat vents.

And I think this is a cute picture of them, even if they were actually fighting over the cardboard box (that Lefty is in, on the right) that I was trying to recycle. Here, Lefty's defending her territory. Some time later when I was going out, I noticed Dusty had taken over and was sitting guard in the box.

In other cat (I have to keep reminding myself they're technically not kittens anymore) antics, the microwave now triggers a Pavlovian response from Lefty. Sometime a while back, when we roasted a chicken, we saved the extra bits of meat for the cats, and froze some of it. Well, now, whenever it's time for a treat, we have to microwave it to defrost it. So now, every time, I have to convince her that I'm just boiling water and there's no chicken anywhere around. It's funny - she always acts like she's hungry, but they're not super interested in food. She'll act hungry, even if there's food on her plate. And she's still such a skinny little cat.

Bad Kitty is still hanging around. I got a photo recently (through the screen door).

I am off to put some laundry in the dryer and get in bed.

4 comments:

Greg said...

yes, it is a maple tree

Rachel said...

I pray you're feeling better soon!! Seriously take car of yourself!! I bought the Alka Seltzer Nighttime Cold RElief and it really helped me sleep and got rid of my cold fast...try it!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you are sick Sarah, please get plenty of rest and get well soon! Sue

Heather said...

Bad kitty is hilarious! Love that photo.

Hope you are finally feeling better. What a way to ruin a week.