
In all the excitement that is my suburban life, I somehow forgot to mention our ongoing battle with freezer burn. I'd been eying one of the more expensive systems, but for $10, we're going to give this a try. I froze some chicken tonight, and everything seemed good. Have to see if the seal holds, though.
2 comments:
I have one of the foodsavers, it works very well for sealing things. I'm interested to see how yours turns out. Foodsaver is supposed to be good for freezer burn, but anything I do on that line gets left for a year+, so isn't a good test. But it is great for making semi-permanent waterproof packets for emergency kits, camping, etc, e.g. single-serving quantities of dry foods, tiny-packed clothes, packs of loose batteries. You can even do it with liquids if you freeze them first. Highly recommended.
Scot
BTW I have stuff sealed over 5 years and it is still holding... but some leak after a short time. Make sure to cushion the corners of anything hard before sealing. Foodsaver is also versatile with bag sizes, and you can seal multiple times, etc. Hmm I am getting the hankering to do some sealing...
Scot
Post a Comment