Jamie tagged me the other day, to come up with 7 random facts about myself. But I can't think of anything, and I don't think I have 7 people I could pass it on to, either. So I'm going to modify it a bit. And write about 7 things I want to write about.
1. My teeth. (Come on, how could that not be #1?) Oral surgeon said "pull 'em all." And I will, on January 3. I've maxed out my dental insurance for the year, and it's just not going to be worth it to pay for it in full, when it would save an awful lot of money to do it two months later. But they said mine should be pretty easy. And they said I have really straight teeth, for never having braces, thankyouverymuch. :)
2. My breathing. (Hm, maybe breathing should be #1...?) Finally went to the doctor today, as this asthma has been getting worse and worse. He gave me a new inhaler to try, in addition to the one I've got. Honestly, I feel better just having gone to the doctor... and having him NOT say "have you thought about getting rid of the cats?" Because there's no way I could. They've been with us just about a year now, and I love them to pieces. I've done a total turn around -- I never was much of an animal lover (because they caused my asthma?!?). But now, all the ASPCA commericals make me cry.
3. My tires. Somehow, I forgot to mention my tire saga. A few weeks ago, Greg noticed one of my tires looked low. And it was -- super low, like 10 psi. In checking them, he found another one that was about the same. So we refilled and monitored. They were losing about 10 psi a week, so every Monday we'd refill them. Along the way, we saw that one of the leaky ones had 2 nails in it. The things have less than 10,000 miles on them ... but they're also discontinued. I called customer service, and they said to have them inspected, and if they can't fix them, they would give me a pro-rated price on new tires. So, I went to Discount Tire last Friday, had them inspected -- they can't repair either one. (The 2nd one also had a nail in it.) They found 2 of the discontinued tires somewhere, but had to order them. So, for the past week, I've had my full size spare on one wheel, the two original tires on 2 wheels, and a "loaner" tire from Discount Tire on the 4th wheel. They called yesterday, and my tires are in. I'm hoping to make it up there tomorrow. I've been really happy with Discount Tire, though. They were super helpful, and basically gave me the loaner tire for free until I can get the new ones on.
4. My husband. Submitted the final draft of his thesis! Yay, Greg! Just a little bit more to go! Defense is November 16.
5. My husband #2. Finally made his birthday pie tonight. I tried a new recipe for Frozen Peanut Butter Pie from Cooking Light. I finally got to use the new stand mixer I bought earlier this year. Of course, Greg wasn't too pleased when he realized the pie has to freeze overnight, and there will be no pie until tomorrow...
6. Halloween. It was pretty quiet here. No one rang our doorbell until nearly 7pm. Greg dealt with the candy while I dealt with dinner and laundry. We've got a light with a motion sensor on the front porch, and we couldn't figure out how to get it to stay on, so maybe that was why it was quiet, too. Either that or Bad Kitty scared them away. Greg had to dodge Bad Kitty a couple of times when opening the door. Dusty and Lefty, on the other hand, weren't too interested in Halloween, other than right after Greg poured out all the candy into the bowl, and Lefty decided to make a bed out of it. Wish I had a picture of that.
7. School. My paper that was due next week has been pushed off an additional 2 weeks. What a relief -- I'm so far behind. I think we're going to celebrate by going to IKEA. :)
3 comments:
Yay, Greg! Good luck defending!
And, by "pull em all", I'm assuming you just mean the wisdom teeth and not ALL of them :)
Loved your post..I like interesting tidbits about people (call me nosy!!)
Heee...heee...that Heather is a funny one on the blog comments this week! :) One of my kids gave me some fake teeth for Halloween so if you're in need I'll give you a good deal...
This will make you feel better - my project that was due this Weds (10/31) was not handed in and this Weds isn't looking so hot either!
Post a Comment