Wednesday, January 23, 2008

On Weight Watchers...

I fought it for a long time. I told myself that I didn't want to be told by someone else what to do. And the last time I lost a bunch of weight, I did it myself. But that was before I was married, before we had the house. Now, I need any help I can get. So we signed up about two weeks ago or so.

I'm really glad that Greg is doing this with me, because it can really be a drag. But we are making some progress, for sure. My problem was never that I ate too much fast food, or that I ate junk. I did some of that, but my real problem was just the quantity. I'm finally forcing myself to measure and control portions. I have been snacking less, and snacking on fruit instead of carbs.

One thing about Weight Watchers is that nothing is completely off limits, it's just a matter of finding out nutritional info, and allowing for it. Any diet with Caramel Machiattos in the plan should be workable. We're having a hard time right now trying to find nutritional info at some of our favorite restaurants, which is frustrating. We've been eating at home a lot.

We have been back to the gym regularly, too. Right now, we're going 3 times during the week, and then we're trying to jog together once over the weekend. I'm back and forth between the ellipticals (lower impact) and jogging (earns more points!) during the week, and I got a 3 mile jog in today!

So, we're getting there.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Good for you!!! I think with next week's groceries, I'm just going to get a bunch of WW Smart Ones dinners. Take some of the cooking and guesswork out of it all, and remind me of portion sizes. That will just leave breakfast and snacks to plan.

About "The Myth of You and Me" . . . I liked it, in much the same way that I enjoy gossip. It didn't add meaning to my life, I didn't think about it afterward, but I really wanted to know what she did!