Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A word needs to be invented.

I do some of my best thinking in the shower. For example, this is where it finally occurred to me that, if we put a plastic bag into the paper shredder bin, we wouldn't have to pour the bin into a bag every time it was full, inevitably spilling paper shreds everywhere. (Interestingly, I didn't take action on this idea right away. Later that same week, I saw that Greg had put a bag in the bin -- I hadn't said a word. We've had the shredder for a couple of years now. Just more proof that we were meant for each other!)

Anyhow, my revelation of this week is that there needs to be a word for the water that runs into the caps of shampoo bottles (tubes of face wash cream, etc), cools, and collects there, and always splashes on you every time you use the bottle. A word for that awful, nasty splash of cold water that I try to rationalize *hasn't* been there since the last shower...

Any ideas?

3 comments:

Heather said...

No suggestions on what to call that cold, icky water, but holy cow -- that is a good, simple idea about the plastic bag and WHY didn't I think of that before?

The only semi-clever I have (and probably read somewhere) is to group silverware into the different compartments as you put it in the dishwasher, so all you have to do is pull out all the spoons at once, then the forks, etc . . .

Beth said...

I am definitely going to put a bag in the shredder. I feel insanely stupid.

That cold water does suck, but I don't know what to call it either. I think it's so cute that you and Greg have mental telepathy or ESP or something like that. A good sign, indeed.

Jen said...

Sarah, love reading stories about you and Greg! Very sweet...