Thursday, June 26, 2008

I ordered a new planner this week.

I am addicted to planners.  I am addicted to lists. Too many bad experiences with Palms. And I need the pen-to-paper feeling of checking things off.

My friend Isabelle got me hooked on these planners back in college that she used to bring back from France for me every year. Seeing as she now lives 750 miles away, and is no longer responsible for my planning needs, I've had to switch to these Quo Vadis ones.

The key components: 1 page for each day, a small hour-by-hour section but a bigger list area, little tabs that tear off the corners of each day, and it fits in my purse. The one little idiosyncrasy is that this is considered an academic planner. (Perhaps I'm trying to hold on too tightly to my college years. But Franklin Covey annoys me.) So, while the rest of the word shops for planners at the end of the year, I'm stalking them now, as my current one ends July 31.

I broke down and bought a new cover this year; it's the brown one. She should be arriving any day. And I'll finally be able to let go of this terrible, gripping pain that results from my not being able to plan anything beyond July 31.


I think I need serious help.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Love the cover! Maybe I need a planner? I can never, ever remember what I am suppose to do or when it is supposed to be done...LOL!

Beth said...

Oh, we have to be related somehow.

I too am addicted. I never ever remember to plug my palm in and that created more problems than it was worth. I tend to get the academic ones, too because of the school year. I'm off to get a new one.

Is there a support group for this?

Anonymous said...

Okay Sarah, I think I need one now! :) Where do I get one?

Rachel said...

I always use a planner...I have to see what I am doing each day! I may have to check out the new brand...COOL!!!

Anonymous said...

These are so pretty!! You and my daughter would get along fine - she HAS to plan every thing right down to the tiniest detail! She says I make her "itch" because I don't - LOL!