Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Any time now, Fall

We had considered going to get pumpkins this weekend, but by the time Saturday afternoon got here, it was 85 degrees and hot in the sun. I couldn't bring myself to traipse out into the middle of the field sweating to get pumpkins. Instead, we went up into the mountains where it was a few degrees cooler and got some more apples. The trees were pretty much picked out, but they were still selling some. We'd heard the trees were pretty bare, so we expected it to be fairly quiet. Not so much. Still a zoo. I had been thinking we'd get there and get some doughnuts for the girls for a snack, but the line was halfway across the parking lot. Seriously?

We just let the girls run around outside and play for a bit. Their favorite parts? "Cleaning" up the floors of the little houses by picking up dirt and straw and throwing them out the window. Oh, and opening and closing the door of the little house. And opening and closing. And opening and closing.


J, pretty in pink, down to her pink shoes.

J

E

J

J & daddy. She LOVES her daddy right now.

R. She loves to run away from me.

Miss E

E again

Julie Julie June Bug

Becca

Sweet Becca again

By the time we got back in the car, the girls were hungry and cranky. It was a LONG drive back into town with Julie and Becca taking turns screaming. We went out for Mexican, and I swear that Becca ate almost a whole burrito herself. She was STARVING. Emma again was primarily interested in the rice. And dipping chips, sucking the dip off, and dipping again.

My other project this weekend has been recaulking the shower in our master bathroom. It's been bothering me for a long time. When Greg and I started our list of all the stuff that needs to be done around here, I offered to do the recaulking this fall, as Greg is in charge of the roof replacement. But I have come to realize that recaulking is not something I would make my worst enemy do.

More soon. Crazy around here at the moment.

4 comments:

adele holcomb said...

Cute photos of your girls. You must be right about caulking. My husband won't even let me try, as he is a perfectionist and takes gets pains to get it just right, often gouging out what he just did because it's not satisfactory. I could never live up to his standards!

Beth said...

The photo of Becca walking away from you makes her look so old!

Yeah, caulking...I bought the caulk and some handy-dandy little tool that is supposed to make it uniform, but in the end I let my brother's friend caulk the kitchen. I will have to do it eventually, but I'm okay with delaying it!

justem said...

Love all the photos! And the dipping thing made me laugh. Miri now thinks the dip is her meal, rather than the actual food!!

Lisa Cole said...

okay the 'peeking' pictures MUST be enlarged onto wall canvases... MUST!