Friday, October 29, 2010

One eyed flying purple people eaters

The week was such a blur.

On Tuesday, I had my first business trip in ... 2 years? Luckily it was just a day trip on the corporate jet (don't I sound fancy when I say that? I'll have to admit ... having your own plane is the way to fly.), but it meant a really really long day for me. On the plus side, though, I was finally able to put a pretty big dent in The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and I really like it. Someone was asking me about it on the plane, and I'd heard a lot of opinions that it started out really slow, but I really didn't notice.

I also volunteered to make cupcakes for the girls' Halloween party at daycare on Friday. And I really really wanted an excuse to make cake balls. Mmmm, cake balls. And oh, they are good. Were good. A little labor intensive versus, oh, stopping at the grocery store and buying cupcakes.

One eyed purple people eaters, and ghosts.


Grandma and Grandpa S headed back home on Thursday morning, so the end of the week has been a struggle in terms of getting back into a routine. But we had lots of fun over the last two weeks, and the girls are certainly attached to their grandparents.

I've been working on a lot of scrapbook stuff lately, too. One nice thing about the CC design team is just that I am scrapping so much more than I had been. I don't have anything to share yet, but maybe some sneak peaks by early next week.

4 comments:

adele holcomb said...

How fun are those cake balls!

Mom S said...

Grandpa and Grandma are trying to adjust to missing all five of you!

Your goats and one-eyed purple people eators must have been a big hit at day care. How cute.

Mom S said...

Goats say "baa baa"
Ghosts say "boooo".
Tried to edit my comment
But couldn't do.

justem said...

SO cool!!