Saturday, November 6, 2010

Coordinates Collections November Festive Feast Kit Reveal

So, here are my projects for my first month on the CC Design Team.

I got to work with the Festive Feast kit:


I got the following add ons:
Basic Grey Woolies
Cosmo Cricket brown mini alphabet
Jillibean Soup Sprouts
Lily Bee stickers

I don't often do a 2 pager, but I really wanted the pictures to be big enough to compare the difference between the girls last year and this year. I used a Martha Stewart punch for the apples, and a Fiskars (red cardstock) and Martha Stewart (brown woodgrain paper).


To create the apple border along the bottom, I cut strips of red cardstock and then punched the apples at a fairly regular interval (I warn you that I do a lot by sight and not by measuring). The smart thing to do would have been to then punch along the edges of the cardstock. But of course I didn't do decide to do that until I already had the background paper on there. I applied foam squares to the back of the red cardstock, and then attached strips of the striped paper. I interspersed somed of the Jillibean Sprouts to break up the stripes in a few spots. I like the shadow effect it created.

When I saw the "book" paper, I knew that I wanted to document all of the books that the girls love and make us read over and over these days. I snapped a few shots and created the photo collage in Photoshop. The woodgrain paper in this one is actually the packaging for the Imaginisce dimensional stickers, because I knew I was going to use that WHOLE sheet of the woodgrain paper. To create the "ribbon" strip (with the thread through it), I just took a strip of paper, ran it under the facet, and then folded and shaped it while it was still wet. I left it overnight to dry, and then just stitched it on.


Ahhhh, I think this one is my favorite this month. I used the stickers to make the banner, and then cut the title from the Lily Bee paper using my Slice (Animal Crackers card). I just love these pictures of us from last fall, and I love the out takes as much if not more than the "good" one. I loved the sentiment on the Lily Bee sticker, so I included it and used it design wise to anchor my journaling. Lots of stitching on this one. I'm so glad I finally got the sewing machine back out. The stitching across the banners is all by sight... I wish I had a technique to share, but I don't. :)



I made this tray to hang on the wall in the kitchen for fall/Thanksgiving time. Well, that's a stretch. 7 Gypsies made the tray. I decorated it with the kit and add ons...

...and some machine stitching.

...and some cut work.

...and some hand stitching.


This was literally made with the remaining scraps from my kit. I didn't trim the papers at all... just used and positioned what I had. I knew I wanted to do this layout when I saw the pear sticker in the Woolies. But I wanted some more green on my layout, so I decided to spray the book paper with Green mist. I loved the other side of this paper, too, so it was a tough choice. I used the JBS sprouts as masks for my journaling. Everything else is kit and add ons.


I also made a birthday card, but I don't want the recipient to see it here before they get it in the mail. So, if your birthday IS NOT IN NOVEMBER, you can see it here.

4 comments:

scrappysue said...

Your LO's are fabulous Sarah, I have no idea how you find the time!

justem said...

These are fantastic! I love the book one! Sorry I haven't been around your blog for awhile!! Google Reader is not my friend. ;)

Lisa Smith said...

I really like the "Then and Now" layout. I have been busy scrapping, but haven't gotten them up on CC. They have been posting to my blog weekly for Scrap it With a Song (scrapitwithasong.blogspot.com)

Jen S said...

Someone who has a birthday in November got her card! It looks fantastic (as do your other projects here). Thanks so much! <3