Monday, November 22, 2010

Utter Disbelief

So, as we're rushing out of daycare on Friday afternoon, I happen to look at the girls' CuddleGrams (if you don't have kids in daycare, it's a list of everything they do that day), and I see a note next to all three of their noon diaper changes that says "potty."

I asked, and sure enough, all three of them used the potty. We've been talking it up at home, but not pushing. I guess there's a kid in their class who uses the potty and they've been watching and taking notes.

So, I don't think we're anywhere close to potty training, but at least they're interested.

5 comments:

Lisa Smith said...

Yeah! :)

adele holcomb said...

I think sometimes little people learn more from each other than from Mom and Dad. Our older son was so little when he started nursery school too; and wanting to be like the other kids went a long way toward improving his potty skills.

justem said...

That is awesome! We use it sometimes at home...but I haven't even asked them to try at daycare. I think maybe it would be easier if daycare just did it with her!! ;)

Rachel said...

That's awesome..that is the first step!!!

Alan & Kim said...

Our daughter was using the potty at daycare on a regular basis long before she even thought of trying at home. Watching the other kids, plus routine, and that tiny little potty are my thoughts on why it works at daycare (but not at home for a while). They'll get the hang of it soon enough.