Friday, February 4, 2011

Oh poor, neglected blog.

So, after being thoroughly spoiled by one round of grandparents, Grandma and Grandpa S came to visit. The girls have just been loving all the attention, and the extra set of hands meant that I could go out of town last weekend feeling a little less guilty.

That's right. After 2 years, I spent my first night away from the girls. I had the awesome opportunity to go to CHA, the Craft and Hobby Association Trade Show, with Coordinates Collections. I finally got to meet some fabulous people in real life that I've only ever talked to online. It felt like we had known each other forever, though! And to have someone understand you when you say "yellow cardstock is ok, but it has to be just the right yellow"? Priceless. So we scrounged some samples and put together 10+ kits (that's 5 months worth). I was only gone for a long weekend, but it was just weird to be away. I don't think my body knew quite what to do. I didn't sleep terribly well all weekend, but wasn't exhausted the way I normally am. (That's *totally* returned now that I'm at home.)

It was nice to come home to my family, though. Greg surprised me by showing up at the airport with the girls. Julie saw me first, but it took a second for it to register who I was. So cute to see. Emma ran over and wanted me to carry her. And Becca was more interested in my luggage.

While I was gone, the girls had a blast with Grandma, Grandpa, and Daddy.

Emma at home with Grandma and Grandpa one day. Cooking some fruit, I suppose.



The girls took Grandma and Grandpa where they take all the ones they love - the zoo!


This is what typical group pictures look like.


We never got around to raking the back yard this fall. Most of the leaves weren't down until Thanksgiving/early December, and we just didn't have time. I new it would be a group effort, so I found the girls some rakes online, and they got here while I was gone. I hear they loved their rakes. :)




Julie on the computer with Grandpa

1 comment:

adele holcomb said...

I was thinking about you while you were at CHA and wondering how the girls did without you, and how you did without them! Did you miss them constantly or was it wonderful to get away for a couple days -- or both?