Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Sick, sick, sick, and more sick.

Gah. We kept thinking how lucky we were all winter, with no major illnesses. But we are now apparently making up for lost time.

So, Emma had pink eye on Monday and Tuesday of last week. Julie had it on Wednesday and Thursday.

Everybody was fine on Friday.

Becca started running a fever on Saturday. It got progressively worse all weekend. She also has a cough and rattling chest that has gotten progressively worse. I was starting to freak out by Sunday evening - she was breathing quick, short breaths, and it felt like her heart was racing. I called the pediatrician, and they said that the fact that she was talking and playing was a good sign. They also said the breathing may have been from the fever. Oh, and I wasn't giving her enough ibuprofen.

So her fever broke on Monday morning. Greg took her in to the pediatrician anyway, and she's now back on the nebulizer. Which she likes for about 30 seconds, and then hates. Actually, she likes the part where she can carry the machine and medicine in, plug it all together, and turn it on. And then her fever started coming back up on Monday afternoon.

So I stayed home with her today. And she's been fine, fever gone. So we're in the clear, right?

Well, I started getting Becca's cold over the weekend, too. I'm sure it had nothing to do with all of the times she'd look at me so sweetly and then cough in my face. Sore throat, congestion. I was going to bed on Monday night and started to feel really itchy. Not totally unusual for me, but strange enough to notice.

Now I've got hives all over my face and neck. It hurts. It itches. And I'm not sure what caused it. But it's awfully uncomfortable.

And to top it off? Julie's got a fierce cough, and sure enough she started running a fever tonight.

2 comments:

adele holcomb said...

Oh, hope you are all feeling better pretty quickly!

Lisa Smith said...

Oh, you poor thing! I hope everyone is feeling better now.