We woke the girls up early from their naps on Sunday. Actually, Emma hadn't even fallen asleep yet. Not something I would normally do, of course. But it really was going to be the best time for us to go. Julie was particularly cranky about waking up.
But we went, and the majority of it was really kid friendly - they had a big auditorium set up with train tracks across the whole room. There were lots of stations where kids could press buttons to blow whistles, change signs, animate the "news stand," etc. My only complaint was that it was up so high that the girls couldn't see it. I can't hold two of them for more than a few minutes any more, so it was going to be a really painful afternoon, until we spotted chairs to pull up and let the girls stand on. It put them at the perfect height to see and play. We later got yelled at for letting them stand on chairs, so I'm glad I got these pictures when I did.



They also had a little Thomas the Train thing set up where the kids could get in and press buttons to make the train go around a little track. Becca would not get in. Emma, as usual, was all business.

The string across Julie's face is a train whistle pull string.
Sundays have been rough around here lately, but even with shortened naps, yesterday was a pretty good one.
1 comment:
That looks awesome. It's funny, I was thinking...it's so nice it's at their height so they can see, but then I read that they were on chairs! I love the giant train at the Museum of Science and Industry here, but yeah...Miri can't see a thing unless we lift her up!
Post a Comment