Sunday, January 22, 2012

Our first movie

The girls have more or less given up naps on the weekends.  Every now and then, we can pull it off, usually with a car ride (or, today, it was dark and rainy so it only took a little convincing, and some stories, and mom and day laying down next to them).  But last weekend was not one of those weekends.  But Sunday afternoon, we needed to get out and do something.

And since I was hungry for popcorn again, and the girls can sit through an hour + of Mickey Mouse, I proposed the girls' first movie at the movie theater.  We had to bribe Julie with popcorn to get her to go.

We went to see Alvin and the Chipmunks.  Julie sat in Greg's lap from the moment we got in the theater.  And Emma was in my lap not long after the previews ended.

And can I just say... For a G movie, the previews were ridiculously scary.  It's a wonder we made it through those.

The movie itself was actually a bit scarier than I thought it would be.  Emma kept saying, "I want to go home," and I'd buy her off with popcorn for a bit longer.  She also freaked out a few times and said, "Where's the way out?" because she couldn't see the door.

We made it almost to the end before Emma again begged, "I want to go home," so I finally got up and left with her.  A few minutes later, Greg came out with Julie and a crying Becca.  We finally deciphered that Becca was crying because when they left, Greg left a bag of popcorn in the theater.  I've created monsters.

In the end, I don't think they were too traumatized, but it will probably be a little while until we try again.


1 comment:

justem said...

I give you SO much credit. Miri can't even sit through a movie at home. She's go nuts! Love the photo of the girls...they are looking so old...and so beautiful. :)