In honor of procrastinating, we went to Costco and bought lots of stuff. We brought more coolers this time, and more ice. The one closer to the house is supposed to open this summer-- it can't come soon enough! We got everything from printer ink to green beans (they have the best french green beans!). We also treated ourselves to an itunes giftcard -- see if we can't give this digital music thing a shot and cut down on cds. ;)
Did I accidentally forget to mention that we stopped at the scrapbook store first? Greg's such a good sport, even if he did leave to go look at shoes. And then go sit in the car to work on his thesis. In fact, I *deserved* to stop at the scrapbook store, since he made me drive both ways, so he could "revise" his thesis, but every time I looked over, his eyes were closed. It sure is a good thing I love him.
We had Costco crabcakes for dinner, and then I made some blueberry muffins and banana oatmeal bread. I've been taking granola bars into work for breakfast, and I'm so sick of them! I've got a new recipe I want to try for some sweet corn muffins, and maybe next weekend I'll make more pumpkin-chocolate chip bread.

The cats were annoying Greg while he was trying to work tonight. They like to get up right in front of the monitor when you're working, and they mostly love to sit and watch the little arrow cursor and follow it around. They also enjoy walking across the keyboard, or just sitting on it. (I got lots of love notes from the kittens while I was in Europe that said jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjvvvvvdsaaaaaaa). Anyhow, to distract them, Greg filled the bathroom sink with water and put some ice cubes around the edges. They loved it! Ice is still one of their favorite toys -- they still come running from the far reaches of the house when they hear an ice cube tray. Sometimes all it takes is opening the freezer. Greg got some pictures of them. (I love the look on Dusty's face in the 2nd one.)
Some more flowers are coming out. The azaleas out front are finally in full bloom, and one of the rhododendron is flowering. It's the one that had to be replanted last fall, so at least is survived the curse of the last plant that was there. Apparently, though, we weren't lucky enough to get a rhododendron that will bloom at the same time as the other one, so we will permanently be reminded of our plant issues. At least until we move. :) On a positive note, the tomatoes are doing fine, and I saw today that one of the plants has a tiny green tomato on it! Nothing yet on the herbs.
1 comment:
Hee hee, love the kitty ice story: funny but my kids love ice too!!
Post a Comment