Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Please tell me I'm over reacting

So, the Jetta went in last Thursday night after the battery totally died. It was so dead that we had to pull the windows back up after the guy loaded it onto the tow truck. In addition to the battery problem and the idling, we called back on Friday and asked them to take a look at the suspension as well. So yes, we added more work after what we originally asked for, so I didn't make a big deal out of it when they called and said they wouldn't be able to finish everything on Friday.

But I started to get angry when they called on Saturday, 20 minutes before closing, to say it was done, and I could come get it if I could be there in less than 20 minutes. Of course I was in the middle of something and Greg was out in the yard. Now, if he had called at noon and said it would be ready at 4:30, I could have been there. But with Easter on Sunday, it was Monday night before I picked up my car.

And paid a $940 bill.

Needless to say, I was fuming when I drove to dinner before class on Tuesday night, and 2 blocks from where I was going to eat, the battery light started flashing. Luckily, Greg was meeting me for dinner, so we switched cars. He made it home, and we got the car back to the dealership on Tuesday night.

So I'm already angry when they call this morning to say that something with the fuse box caused the battery problem, and also killed the alternator. And it will be another $848. Oh, and the alternator isn't in stock and won't be available until Friday.

And, would I like for them to arrange for a rental car? I said, "you mean, like I pay for a rental car?" "Yes." "Absolutely not." "Well, let me check with the service manager to see if we have a loaner car." He calls me back. "We don't have a loaner car. But we will pay for a rental car."

So, first, they tried to get ME to pay for the rental car, because THEY failed to check the charging system when the battery died.

Honestly, I don't have time to get the rental car. We went through this when they couldn't figure out the seat heater in Greg's car. They don't call for a rental car until you get there, and it takes about an hour. But they tried to get ME to pay for it.

So, they'll have had my car for a week, at least.

My brother Dan is a mechanic, and he said any mechanic worth anything would have checked the charging system.

This wouldn't be quite AS bad, if the last time I had major work done, it had been done right the first time. But that had to be taken back in a week later.

I think Customer Service will be hearing from me.

No comments: