Weekends seem to go by in a blur. On Saturday, we made a pilgrimage to Atlanta to do some shopping. First, we had to appease Greg by going to Fry's, a Radio Shack on steroids. Well, I guess it was better than Radio Shack, because there was some stuff for me to look at: small appliances (who doesn't need a mug warmer?), CDs, the half shelf of Mac software. But at least I got a gauge of how long I'd be able to drag Greg through the scrapbook store.
We stopped at Macy's, because we apparently still had a gift card left over from our wedding nearly 2 years ago that expired at the end of March. We got a fancy stand mixer, and I'm obligated to record this because, in a year, I will be required to go back and count how many times I have used it. But I think it makes dough...
Had to stop at the pet store. The last time we trimmed the kitten's nails, they absolutely just shredded, and I felt so bad. Don't know if the scissors were just getting dull or what, but we got some new ones. And of course a toy. And some catnip. They have us whipped.
Got more than we planned to at Costco, and more than would fit in the cooler on the way home. (The salad had to ride shotgun.) We didn't make the mistake we did last time, though, and got there before all the samples were gone. (It worked -- we came home with potstickers and crab cakes.)
Sunday was blah. The cats woke me up early, and wouldn't stop annoying me, so I came downstairs and slept on the couch for a few hours. Finally got around to pulling some of those weeds before the rain started. I had a group meeting for one of my MBA classes on Sunday afternoon.
It was around dinner time on Sunday before I realized that the weekend had flown by ... again.
No comments:
Post a Comment