Friday, March 30, 2007

Photos from our last day in Edinburgh

Greg *did* have the digital camera, luckily! I was a little worried when I couldn't find it. Finally got the pictures from our last day in Edinburgh off of it. I sent in 17 rolls of film when we got back, so hopefully those will start trickling in. There are still 4 waiting for the extra film mailers I ordered.

This first one is the Palace of Hollyroodhouse.

Directly across the street is the new, ultra modern Scottish Parliament building (the one Greg said looked like it had teeth on the sidewalk in front of it.)

Looking down the Royal Mile. (Why did it always seem like we were walking *up* the Royal Mile?)

That's part of the castle (see our first day in Scotland) from a park down below.

This is from the same park, looking up at the Royal Mile. (The castle is to the right.)

Still in the park. Glad we got to appreciate all the daffodils while we were there, because ours were pretty much gone by the time we got home.

Greg took this one on his last tube ride. We should have used the digital camera to record a movie to capture the tube voice saying "Mind the gap. Mind the gap. Mind the gap. Mind the gap..." Next time. Right, Greg? ;)

1 comment:

Beth said...

LOL! My friend spent 10 days in London and that was one of her favorite sayings when she returned...please mind the gap!