After sniffling and coughing all day, I finally asked Caroline to write down some things to give to a pharmacist for this cold thing I've got going on. I gave the note the the pharmacist and she loaded me up. Looks like there's no such thing as over-the-counter drugs here. Haven't quite figured it out. So I'm taking "Humex Rhume(3 comprimes le jour, 1 gelule la nuit)" which I am personally translating as NyQuil and DayQuil. I took one of the day ones already, and I think I am feeling a little better. Still kinda feel like just staying in for the night, though. I also got "Drill miel rosat" which appear to be for my sore throat (which is better than it was last night!) and "Rhinedrine," which based on the picture, I am translating to "nasal spray."
The drug store I stopped at was inside the French version of Walmart. I've got a "suite" hotel room, with a fridge and microwave, and the smallest dishwasher I have ever seen -- maybe I will have to take a picture of it! So I stocked up on bottled water, because I'm just constantly thirsty, and some coke (although I realized I was the only one at lunch drinking one!) I also got some French bread (it was funny -- EVERYONE had bread in their cart), cheese, yogurt, and some snacks (Goat cheese flavored Bugles -- ROCK ON!).
Planning on staying in tonight after all, with some bread and cheese, and just taking it easy. CNN is keeping me company, because it's the only English channel, and I need background noise - English background noise.
1 comment:
Hope you get to feel better soon Sarah, can't be much fun being in a strange country feeling ill. I totally admire you for driving around Paris, on your own, even if you did get lost. Sue
Post a Comment