Sunday, March 11, 2007

Lonely

I've been away from home for 11 days now, and I'm starting to get a little lonely. I've been able to stay in touch through email and IM, but it's not quite the same as being there. Maybe it's just the fact that it's the weekend, and I don't even have any co-workers to interact with.

It was so nice to have my parents with us the weekend before I left. Really, it was just so nice to have other people in the house, and to have someone else to talk to! It was just comforting to all be together.

Don't get me wrong -- I can't for a minute take for granted the opportunity that I have been able to take advantage of. I'm enjoying traveling (well, not the travelling part, but the being in a new place part). It has challenged me in ways that I haven't been challenged either in a long time, or ever. And that builds character. :) But it sure will be nice to see Greg again. And sleep through the night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, I can just imagine how you feel Sarah. I spent a weekend away from my family once, and I was pining!!! We are all rooting for you, and enjoying all the great piccies. Sue