Ok, ok, I'm doing better. Mentally, at leasta. Yesterday was just really demoralizing. I forgot to say that I tried to find my way to work last night, too, and got lost multiple times there, too. Once I got to where I thought a road should have been (based on the map someone from the US drew me), there was a gate. A company security vehicle pulled up to find out what I was up to, but they didn't speak English, and I still don't speak French, so they basically tried to tell me I was on the wrong road. So I drove around some more and still couldn't make sense of it. Got on the highway going in the wrong direction. Like I said, yesterday was bad.
This morning, the gate was open, though I was never able to find the visitor parking lot. And the people at the visitor didn't speak English. Beyond that, though, things were much better. Turns out, I'm working one-on-one with a woman who speaks English well (I just wanted to hug her!) all of this week, and then one-on-one with another man next week, who presumably speaks English. But the training is going well, and I think I'm following for the most part. I think it is making such a huge difference that I'm able to work one-on-one.
No comments:
Post a Comment