Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me.

I celebrated by ripping the passenger's side mirror off my rental car. Sigh. I'm blaming the cold I still haven't shaken. I had to find my way back to the airport and explain what I had done. First, it was only going to be 47 euros ... but he thought I had only broken the glass. But no -- I snapped it. So 185 euros. Happy birthday to me. So I said good bye to my little Cleo, but I did get a nicer car.

Got some groceries and stayed in for dinner again (I think I could live on bread, cheese, and chocolate!). Still not feeling so hot. The medicine seems to be drying out my head and the sinus pain is better, but I've got a cough and my voice sounds raspy.

At the grocery store, I was looking for some laundry detergent (I have this feeling that "doing laundry in france" is going to be a whole blog post of its own!), and I picked up a bottle of liquid. When I found a smaller package, I went to put the liquid back, and the display crashed, sending 2 bottles to the floor. At least one of them broke, and there was detergent across the floor. Anyone know how to say "Clean up on aisle 5" in French?

Finally got some milk last night - I totally miss it! I'd say I normally drink at least a gallon a week myself.

Sorry no pictures lately. I will get some. Couldn't bring myself to take a picture of the broken mirror. Hope Greg doesn't mind me sharing his! He sent this today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, cute photo, even the kitties look sad not to be with you. Too bad about the mirror. Hope you managed to do something fun on your birthday?!! Sue

Beth said...

Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!

Today sounded a little bit like Natl. Lampoon's European Vacation meets Mr. Mom (clean up in aisle 5!) At least in France it seems that you don't have to mess with insurance...let's call it x-amt. of euros and be done with it. Easier than over here! :)

Feel better!