Sunday, May 6, 2007

Weekend in review

Overall, a good weekend. It was so nice to sleep in this morning - I honestly can't remember the last time I slept in until 11. For the past few months, I'd been getting up anywhere between 6:30 and 8:00.

This weekend was National Scrapbooking Day, so I went to the local scrapbook store on Friday and got a bunch done. I went back on Saturday, too, but not for as long. I wasn't getting much done. I think I burned out on Friday. I but I got some other errands run, and Greg and I went out to Lowe's to get an idea of what we're looking for in kitchen cabinets. Crazy, I know - but we already have all of the handles and knobs, and we're picking the cabinets based on those. :) Our house just has a bit of country feel that isn't really us. We also have the impression that not a lot was done by the precvious owners, and lots of the stuff comes off as the cheapest fixtures the builder could buy in bulk. So we're going for a more modern and updated feel. I'll try to take a picture of our handles and knobs when I locate them. We got them at Ikea (no surprise for anyone that knows me!)

We had dinner at Doc Chey's and then got some coffee. We came home and watched Whale Rider, the Netflix movie we've had since November. Neither of us quite knew what to expect, but it was really good. I can't remember the last movie that made me cry! Next up on our list is Napolean Dynamite, since neither of us has ever seen it, and apparently we are missing out on a bunch of jokes.

We went to the gym this afternoon, and then I ran a few more errands while Greg cut the grass (3rd time already this season!). Tonight we watched the season finale of the Amazing Race.

My herb seeds sprouted last week, and I think the next step is to keep them inside a little bit longer, but get them some sun. They weren't getting much sun on top of the refrigerator, and the cats have recently demonstrated that they can get up there, too. I moved them to the spare bedroom, since we keep the door shut there just about all the time. The cats got in while I was getting everything set up, and of course they went straight for the plants. The picture is of Lefty checking things out.

1 comment:

Greg said...

Lefty's thinking "is that catnip?"