Monday, May 7, 2007

We're getting a new shower

A guy from Bath Fitter came tonight and we decided to finally go ahead and get the shower fixed. It's going to mean building a full wall where there was a half wall before, then covering all of the old tiling with an overlay. I think both of us are just resigned to the fact that we better go ahead and pay someone to fix it so it actually gets done. He took all of the measurements, and they should be ready to install sometime in the next 4-6 weeks.

Greg did show me where the knobs and handles for the kitchen are. This is what we're looking at doing in the kitchen, probably with a lighter wood finish, and something not quite so grainy as what we have.



I caught the cats at their favorite lookout again tonight. It is finally cool enough to open windows again. Supposed to get into the 40s tonight, but I don't know if I believe that. It feels so good to have the windows open at night. And I love to be cold at night, because, no matter what, I always wake up hot.

We grilled some steaks that my mom sent us tonight -- they turned out very well, considering that we didn't know what we were doing.

Finals grades for my two classes were posted today - they honestly make no sense to me. This was by far my worst semster, where I wasn't good about keeping up with the reading, or even necessarily following what was going on in class. Plus, there was the class that made me want to cry ever week. But somehow, I did well this semester. Like I said -- it makes no sense. I'm really enjoying not having class right now. Sunday was much more bearable without all of the things that weren't done hanging over my head. Plus, I get to do fun things... like scrapbook!

Hope everyone's week is off to a good start!

No comments: