I forgot to tell you about my newest favorite Costco find - new tupperware! We are finally repurposing the old Martha Stewart (Kmart) stuff that leaks all over our lunch bags. This new stuff is crystal clear, and doesn't leak. We like it so much we got a second set (we really needed more of the extra small ones). And the NSF certification doesn't hurt, either, because it makes me feel like, if an astronaut needed to save and reheat leftovers, this is what he'd use. And that's good enough for me.
Our new recipe for tonight was kind of a "needs to be tried again" endeavor. We tried Sesame-Orange Chicken, but the sesame seed toasting and mashing went awry, the chicken was a little overdone, and the sauce was a little runny. Tomorrow we're back to an old stand-by, Lemon-Peppercorn Tilapia. Although right now, I'm craving those meat loaf leftovers for lunch tomorrow...Ah, and for those of you who guessed that our trip to the Pacific Northwest is partly to live out my "Goonies" fantasies, well, you're partly right. Look out, Fratellis!
3 comments:
Love Goonies..what a great movie!!
Also great tupperware...we just replaced ours after about 11 years..it was so badly stained..no idea why it took so long for us to throw away the old ones!!
I haven't actually seen "Goonies". I'm hoping Sarah will watch it with me before we leave. I feel like I missed out on a cultural event! :)
Greg, can you send me the Goonies DVD after you and Sarah watch it? I've never seen it either. I guess I'm a sheltered child...
S-you are cracking me up about the Tupperware. I guess we all have our Tupperware stories to share. Thanks for the recommendation - I've seen those at Costco and I think I'll be purchasing some this week!
Post a Comment