What a week. By Thursday, I felt sick to my stomach. Not the sort of "I have a virus" sick to the stomach - more of a "I feel like someone kicked me in the stomach." Just achy and sore, so I stayed home from work on Friday. It seems to come from a combination of stress, anxiety, and depression that I somehow bring on myself. Based on my past experiences, it could go on for months. They've never been able to find anything physically wrong with me, but antidepressants helped a lot last time. I'll probably be back at the doctor this week. It's been a banner year (and not in a good way) for me at the doctor this year so far. Not a good trend. (Oh, and sorry if that's more personal information than you wanted. I didn't give much warning.)
Not a whole heck of a lot going on here the last few days. We were under a tornado watch for most of today, but mostly just saw lots of much-needed rain. Greg and I went out to lunch, and were going to run a few errands, but decided we'd be better off at home with the weather and crazies on the roads.
We went back out again later and did some shopping before dinner. Both of us bought pants one size smaller, so we're still making progress with Weight Watchers. I've been getting fed up with it lately, just because I'm still hungry, and it seems like I can't actually eat three meals without going over my points total for the day -- which is even harder (and makes me crankier) on weekends.
Oh the vacation front, from the reading I've been doing, it sounds like the road around Crater Lake is closed from mid-October until mid-July; if that's the case, we're going to have to skip it this year. Which is a total bummer, because I was all excited to go. We may have to tack that on to another trip to see the Redwoods in California. It helps a little, as I think we were starting to get some scope-creep on this trip.
I've got some cute cat pictures, but I think that will wait until tomorrow.
1 comment:
On our honeymoon we got up to Crater Lake in the first week of April. That was half the fun, road was clear but carved out of 10'+ drifts on each side. The north side gets closed IIRC, but there's a road from the west that is open, goes past the visitors center. The NPS site says the road is open now, Hwy 62. Do keep the car gassed up since it's in the middle of nowhere.
The Rim Village parking lot was cleared, but nothing else open, you literally had to climb up steps carved in the snowbank to reach the top of the snow pack. Then it was fantastic view of the lake. You could walk to the lodge there and look in the upper floor windows :D Unfortunately since there was so much snow, there's not much to do besides look at the lake from near the Rim Village. So instead of most of a day to walk around and have a picnic, it's more like an hour once you get there. They do mention cross-country skiing...
The drive there from the coast is very nice, lots of mountain streams and little valleys, huge trees. I felt sorry for the rental car, all the way from sea level up to the mountain in one day. There was not really snow until we got pretty close to Crater Lake.
Post a Comment