Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!


I took these photos of the pear tree out front the other day, and didn't upload them immediately. I wasn't sure how they were coming out, but when I finally got around to looking at them, I love them! I thought they looked sufficiently spring-y to count for Easter. They're not at altered -- as I still haven't gotten around to that Photoshop class (now I claim I'm waiting for the new version of Photoshop Elements that Greg got me for my birthday ... should be released and ship this week) -- but I love how blue the sky turned out.


For us, Easter weekend meant I did the grocery shopping on Saturday this week. Not too much else eventful. We decided to try something new for dinner last night, and went to a place downtown call The Cazbah. It was great - good food, good wine. It was totally empty though - I think it's more of a late night place, and we were there at 6:00 (the true senior citizens would be proud). So, we got there, and there was literally no one else there. Two other parties came in while we were there, but it was a little weird.

Today, we slept in, and then went for our Sunday jog together. We came home, cleaned up, ate ... and promptly went back to bed for a nap. I'm still nursing my stomach a bit -- if I wait until I am really hungry to eat, I get nauseous after I eat. It's weird, but if I can keep a little bit on my stomach, and not be starving by the time I eat something, I seem to be doing ok. I've also been eating breakfast during the week, which I had kind of gotten out of. We'll see.

We broke down and bought plane tickets last week out to Seattle for the end of May - so excited! And, perhaps more exciting, Google Earth has the sites from the Goonies movie marked out in Astoria, OR! Now, initially I may have been just kidding when I mentioned sightseeing Goonies locations, but that was when I thought we'd be driving around aimlessly. But now we know exactly where Mikey's house is, as well as the pizza place where Chunk watches the police chase and smashes the pizza in the window. Now we're trying to start planning the trip, and booking hotels. The general plan is Portland, Oregon coast, Washington coast and islands, Seattle. Again, any recommendations (particularly lodging) would be appreciated! I think we're going to go on a food tour in Portland, that I read about in Cooking Light.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Beth said...

Seattle sounds like it is shaping up to be a great trip - especially the food tour. My dad says there are lots of great wineries in Wash. state. I'll have to get some recommendations. Now as far as the Goonies tracking tour... that I'm a little skeptical about, but...

Beth said...

Oh, and your flower pics are gorgeous!

Jen D. said...

LOVE the flower pictures! So springy! Have fun on your trip. My MIL loved all the little coffee companies in Seattle...I know she was ordering coffee and having it shipped from her favorite for a couple of years.

Heather said...

Beautiful pics!

I cracked up about the Goonies tour! I went on one kind of like that in NYC (tv stuff -- lots of Seinfeld)

Rachel said...

Love the Goonies..one of the best movies EVER!!

Great pics...loved them!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Spring photos Sarah, sometimes it is so weird living in a country with no real seasons. Glad you have a nice vacation lined up. Can't believe I haven't been to Seattle with all the coffee, ha. Sue

Alan & Kim said...

You should include a drive to Mt. Rainier. You can drive up to Paradise at 5,000 ft. and see Reflection Lake and get an awesome view of the summit. Mt. Rainier is just south of Seattle.
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/destinations/Mount_Rainier_National_Park/Around_Mount_Rainier.html
I haven't been there yet myself, but the view from the airplane flying back showed me it would be awesome to see!