Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend

When we got back from the beach and were going through the nap time/bed time battles again, I started giving the girls a stuffed animal in their crib. I'm not sure if it has helped or not, but Becca LOVES the platypus! When you put her in her crib now, as soon as she's laying down, her arm flies out to grab the platypus, and she hugs it up against her. It's just funny how quickly her arm is out and back again.

Julie did ok at daycare on Friday, so hopefully the bug that she had is gone. After sleeping from 8am to 5pm on Thursday, she ate dinner, played a little, had her bottle, and went back to bed at 8pm, and then slept until 5am. She was awake for 6 hours that day!

On Saturday morning, we went to a Moms of Multiples spring picnic at a new (to us?) park that was just gorgeous. They also had a separate playground for the little kids that actually had a fence around it, so the girls got a chance to run around. Of course, my kids were a little obsessed with the fence itself. At one point, I was afraid Julie was going to walk the perimeter, tugging on the fence, until she found the gate.




The girls all enjoyed the swings.


I don't know if it's the shorts or what, but all of a sudden they look really tall in these pictures in the swings.






Julie enjoyed the mulch. A little too much.


Lunching on the go


It was a gorgeous day, perfect for a picnic, except it was really windy. We had the girls covered in sunscreen, but their sun hats kept blowing off. We kept them in the shade as much as possible, but I think Julie may have a pink scalp. She just needs to grow some more hair! In the mean time, I just ordered some hats that have chin straps. It was funny to see the wind blowing Julie's hair back - we think of her as not having much on top (curls in the back), but it's definitely coming in. She's just really really fair, and her hair is really really light.

We went out for bbq for dinner, and I think Julie's head was starting to itch a little bit. After pork, chicken, mac&cheese, beans, and some sweet potatoes, she suddenly started rubbing her hands all over her head. There wasn't much we could do but laugh at that point. We probably should have given her a bath, but they were all so tired and cranky when we got home (plus Greg had to mow the lawn) that I thought ... eh... tomorrow. It was so funny, though, when she was taking her bottle. After a couple of ounces, she crawled over into my lap. Dusty came by for her nightly petting (she waits until the girls are all lying down with bottles... she knows... she does it EVERY night) and started sniffing Julie's head and rubbing up against her... smelling the pork and chicken.

I actually got some scrapbook time in this weekend (part of my mother's day request was for some scrapping time). It was so good to get some stuff done, and actually use some of the stuff that I've been collecting.

For Mother's Day, I wanted to stop and get some bagels, and then go to the park with the girls in the morning. Well, I inserted a stop for coffee in there, and by the time we got the bagels, we were running a little late. So, rather than go to the big park by the zoo, we just went back to the same park we went to yesterday. It was a lot less crowded on a Sunday morning, and the girls had lots of fun. Becca wanted to keep getting on and off the little motorcycle that rocks back and forth. Emma kept crawling around it, checking its structural integrity. Julie was kind of cranky. After they tired of that stuff, that wanted to do some climbing. It's a little crazy with 3 of them, because the platform is ~ 3 feet off the ground, with a bunch of entrances and exits that are basically just drop offs (with some step stools, but for our girls, they'd just be something to hit on the way down). So we are trying to run defense when Becca heads for the slide. Ok, no biggie. Greg's got Julie, I've got Becca and Emma is curiously watching to see what happens. Greg dashes down to the bottom, and I sit Becca at the top of the slide (after she started crawling face first into it). She was totally dragging her feet, so I was about to pull out the video camera to record the slowest slide ride ever, when all of a sudden she lifts up her feet and FLIES down. It's a plastic slide so her hair was all static-y and all I could see was her giggling. Well, as I'm watching this, before I realize what is happening (perhaps you saw this coming, but perhaps you also slept through the night last night) Emma is in the slide, face first. She flies down into Becca. Lots of giggling ensues as Greg and I about pass out. Becca had some blood on her lip, so I'm not sure if she bit her tongue or her lip, or if it came from her sudden uncontrolled slide or Emma's crash. Luckily it didn't last too long. I don't think those two are going to be satisfied with the swings next time...

From today:
E


R


Mom and R


She's so cool!


J


Driving


E


The best mother's day present ever


Oh, and I found the most perfect pajamas ever at Costco:

1 comment:

scrappysue said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day Sarah! Sounds like you had a fun (and predictably busy!) time. I agree, the girls do seem to be getting taller. Love all the photos, adorable!