Now let me preface this by saying that this list will probably last me through the rest of the year...
Little Bee (Chris Cleave) - Our cable went out last week, for 2 days. No tv. No internet. It was weird. But I actually started READING again. I started with this one (a Costco purchase), and so far, so good. I'm about half way through, and I'm just hoping it doesn't go all predictable...
Cutting for Stone (Abraham Verghese) - I've read lots of good things about this and can't wait to get to it.
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows) - I'll admit I avoided even picking this up for the longest time because of the title. But the World War II tie drew me in.
Let the Great World Spin (Colum McCann) - Just picked this up at Costco last week after reading some reviews on Amazon.
The Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook (Tosca Reno) - Small changes to eat less processed food and appreciate what real food tastes like. Step #1? We buy a lot less artificially sweetened yogurt. I'm on a huge Greek yogurt kick, with some fresh raspberries, blueberries, or strawberries, and a little ground flax. Hopefully we'll be able to make more changes as we're able to cook dinner more. I'm happy with where the girls are at for daycare, but the food they eat there... "breakfast dogs"... "steak fingers"... I just wish I had some other choice. It kills me that they don't like fresh strawberries. Anyhow, with this one, I'm just looking for some more tips, pointers, recipes. I'm not going all hard core, I promise.
Green Housekeeping (Ellen Sandbeck) - I'm all about simplifying and trying to get chemicals out of the house right now. Again, we're working on little changes. Refillable hand soap (not antibacterial). Trying to watch out for phosphate free detergents, and I'm trying out a sulfate free shampoo.
Magazines
Let's see... I've got issues of Creating Keepsakes, Parents, Real Simple, Scrapbook Trends, Paper Crafts, Parenting (yes, different that Parents), Weight Watchers, Family Fun (uh, I don't know where this came from... just started showing up in the mail), Family Circle.
1 comment:
I have a few of those on my list, too. Let me know what you think of Let the Great World Spin when you get to it.
What is your favorite brand of Greek yogurt? I heard Yoplait was coming out with one that I'm eager to try. I love Fage, but it's so expensive!
I'm sure you have to use some special detergent for the girls, but we've been getting this Eco laundry detergent at Costco - it is phosphate free, not strong smelling, and has essential flower oils and coconut oil. Good stuff!
Post a Comment