Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Personality Notes 7/27/10

Emma and Becca have their "moo" and "baa" sounds down now in response to "cow" and "sheep."

Emma has really been working on riding the trike. It's a bit taller than the other riding toys, harder to get on and off - but she has proven she is capable of getting on and off. It also has a steering bar, which she is getting frustrated with, but will eventually figure out. The biggest hurdle seems to have been figuring out how to go forward. Apparently reverse is a more natural motion.

Julie has gone from saying "up" to saying "bup," which I think is just too cute to correct. She uses it correctly, so I know she knows what it means. I am starting to think that she may think all words begin with "b"... All the important ones: "baaaa," "bib," "baba."

Emma and Julie are trying to say "juice." It sounds a lot like "yooooooou." It is also similar to how they are trying to say "shoes."

I was trying to take some pictures of Julie this week, and she started trying to look through the lens to try to see me.

Can you see her eyes?


One of the words they taught the girls at daycare was "march," and it's one of Julie's favorite. She'll say "mah" and try to walk around lifting her legs up high.

Becca has started squealing and shrieking with delight, particularly when we pretend to chase and catch her.

All of the girls are doing better with books these days (and by that I mean fewer books are getting eaten. I heard someone at Costco laugh when I said to whoever I had at the time, "These are for people who don't eat their books" when we were browsing the book table.). They are all equally likely to find a. book and then plop themselves down in our laps to read.

Reading to their stuffed animals

All of the girls, particularly Emma and Becca, have been obsessed with little blankets lately. They've got some small blankets, but they fight over the dish towels. They are in love with this one that has Easter eggs on it. They like to lay the blankets out on the floor and lay down on them. Last week, Emma actually "tucked in" her Bear ("bayyyyyhhh") under the dish towel. Emma also experiments with laying the dishtowels over other things, off the edge of the couch, etc.

One of Emma's dish towel routines:




No comments: